About the Fellowship
This award is to be used toward tuition and/or course-related expenses by a student who is passionate about investment management. There are no demographic criteria or previous work experience requirements. However, the conventional need NOT apply.
- One Orbis Investment Management Fellow will be selected in 2017.
- The 2017 Fellow will receive a $15,000 cash award attributable toward tuition or course-related expenses.
We invite all incoming MBA students who have enrolled in an accredited MBA program and have a passion for investing to apply.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application form.
- Submit your resume, proof of enrollment and a 500 word or less essay articulating why you are passionate about investing in PDF format.
After completing the initial steps, we will contact you and give you one week to submit an original stock analysis on a stock that we assign. We will provide all the pertinent details, and you may use whichever resources you deem fit. We will let you select the week that works best for your schedule, however all stock analyses should be completed by mid-July
- Complete an original stock analysis.
Those applicants with outstanding essays and stock analyses will be invited to our office in downtown San Francisco to meet with our Investment Team, including our Managing Director, to discuss their application materials. Orbis will coordinate and provide your travel arrangements.
- Meet with us to express your passion for investing and discuss your stock analysis.
Candidates will be evaluated based on:
- A demonstrated passion for investing
- Quality, logic, and reasoning of a sound stock analysis
- A sustained commitment to excellence
- The promise of a continued commitment to the field of investing/investment management
Orbis reserves the right to select multiple recipients or to not select any recipient for the Fellowship for a particular year if the stock analyses do not meet the stated criteria.
The deadline to complete Steps 1 and 2 is Friday, May 12, 2017 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
We will review applications and issue stock analyses on a rolling basis after the application deadline. Outstanding applicants will be invited to our office throughout July and August. The Orbis Investment Management Fellow will be selected by Friday, September 1, 2017.
Please note: If you do not receive an email regarding the next steps in the fellowship process within a week of the application deadline, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check the status of your application.
If you use a public computer or share a computer with another applicant, you will need to log out of any Orbis created account, otherwise additional applications submitted will overwrite your submission.