About the Fellowship
This is an award that students who are passionate about investment management can use towards their tuition and/or course-related expenses. There are no demographic criteria or previous work experience requirements.
- Only one Orbis Investment Management Fellow will be selected in 2016
- The 2016 Fellow will receive a $10,000 cash award attributable towards tuition or course-related expenses
All incoming MBA students who have enrolled in an accredited MBA program and have a passion for investing are invited to apply.
How to Apply
- Complete the on-line application form.
- Submit a 500 word or less essay articulating why you are passionate about investing.
After completing the above two steps, we will contact you and give you one week to submit an original stock analysis on a stock that we assign. We will give you all the details that you need to know and you will be allowed to use whichever resources you like.
- Complete an original stock analysis.
Those applicants with outstanding essays and stock analyses will be invited to our office in downtown San Francisco to meet with our Investment Team, including our Managing Director, to discuss their application materials. Orbis will coordinate and provide your travel arrangements.
- Meet us in our office to express your investing passion and discuss your stock analysis.
Candidates will be evaluated based on:
- A demonstrated passion for investing
- The quality, logic, and reasoning of a sound stock analysis
- A sustained commitment to excellence
- The promise of a continued commitment to the field of investing/investment management
Orbis reserves the right not to select any recipient for the Fellowship for a particular year if the evaluations performed indicate that no candidate meets the stated criteria.
The deadline to complete steps 1 and 2 is Friday, May 13, 2016 at 5:00 PM Pacific Time.
We will review applications and issue stock analyses on a rolling-basis after the application deadline. Outstanding applicants will be invited to our offices throughout June, July, and the beginning of August. The Orbis Investment Management Fellow will be determined by Friday, September 2, 2016.